We just got our first issue of the magazine - and
my DD seems to love it! She read the entire thing
in one sitting. We are now waiting for the next one!
Good Luck with your decision!
Just a P.S.--I'm really hoping that Imagine takes off. Dd loved the sample issue we got, and we are "subscribed" and it's supposed to start coming at the first of this year. It focuses on the dolls, not "make your room cool," or "get that guy to like you," (isn't there "guy stuff" in AG mag??).
We just got our first issue of the magazine - and
my DD seems to love it! She read the entire thing
in one sitting. We are now waiting for the next one!
Good Luck with your decision!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">there definitely was never "guy stuff" in AG mag when I got it, I don't think that's changed at allOriginally posted by jenndon:
Just a P.S.--I'm really hoping that Imagine takes off. Dd loved the sample issue we got, and we are "subscribed" and it's supposed to start coming at the first of this year. It focuses on the dolls, not "make your room cool," or "get that guy to like you," (isn't there "guy stuff" in AG mag??).
HI,
WOW! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I knew I could count on you guys to steer me in the right direction. Thank you SOOO much for all the info. DD will probably end up w/ both the magazine sub. AND a club membership, in the long run. She only gets things like that for special occassions, so Valentine's Day, Easter or her Bday would be a perfect time to get her these.
I received AG mail regarding the magazine just today (talk about timing!) and it states, "Introducing you to the age-appropriate magazine for girls 8 to 12. No ads. No boys. Nothing you object to." It lists it as containing "games, jokes, activities, crafts, party ideas, recipes, advice, answers, pullouts, posters and surprises." Sign me up! lol.
My dd is in 3rd grade & has one friend who is into dolls like she is. Many of the others are ALREADY into boys, make-up, talking on the phone & electronic devices from laptops, MP3 players, Ipods, to cell phones. *Sigh* Let em' be kids & play dolls!
Thanks again for the input [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
P.S. JennDon, my dd got the Imagine premiere mag. & was a little disappointed in it being so short. She did like the content though. I had forgotten that we signed up to get that. Can't wait to see the next issue!
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 11, 2006 09:16 PM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>
I joined for my dd(age 8) last month and she loves it. I used the 10%off so only paid $18 for membership then used the $10 coupon when it came. She got a free copy of Imagine magazine and in the back it has a card to get a year free.So I called today to sign up. I think it's a good deal and lots of fun.I bought her the Marisol charm to go on her bracelet too.
Nancy
I've subscribed to the magazine since September/October 1996, and I've loved every issue! I'm getting too old for it now, but I think just one more year...I love to read articles about girls accomplishing things and those cute stories they publish are so nice to read! Sometimes I get tired of the pullout things like posters, because they aren't as quality as the old paper dolls, but they're okay. Just don't subscribe to the magazine if you think it's about the dolls-it's not.
I think I had a subscription for one year, but that was when I was 12ish. I wouldn't mind picking up another copy now, at age 20.
Ok, I'll be honest. I started getting AG magazine when I was nine, and I don't think I stopped until I was about 14 (I had to hide it from my friends when they would bring Seventeen over, lol). I loved it! I stopped getting it when the focus changed a little, and I'm not a fond of the current content as I was of the older stuff, but then again, maybe 9 year olds today wouldn't like the stuff that was in it back then! I completely recommend it!
Bookmarks